Research Grant Programs
(These display best using either Safari or Internet Explorer - Firefox DOES NOT work well with pdf files):
- Dr. JP Bramhall Faculty Research Seed Grants (SUBMISSION DEADLINE - July 8, 2022) – Named after Dr. JP Bramhall, one of the founders of the Institute and a member of the Institute's Advisory Board from 1999-2021, the purpose of the Faculty Research Seed Grant program is to provide limited financial support to Huffines’ Affiliate Faculty members ($7500/year) for research that contributes to data leading to proposals for extramural funding. As such, detailed extramural proposal plans must be included.NOTE: Once you download the application, the cover page of the application is fillable using Acrobat. Just point and click on the blank. Click here for the application.
- Student Research Seed Grants – Submission Deadline is 5 pm Central Time, October 1, 2022. These grants provide limited financial support (limited to $1500 for one year) for graduate student research that contributes toward the student’s research (usually during their thesis/dissertation data collection) and the Institute’s mission. The Request for Applications (RFA) usually occurs during September of each year and the applicant must be a Huffines Student Member and their advisor must be a Huffines Affiliate. Click here for application. (Viewed best using Internet Explorer or Safari). Here is a slideshow from a recent workshop about these grants.
- Practitioner/Applied Grants - (Rolling application) The purpose of the Practitioner/Applied Grant program is to provide limited financial support (less than $2500/year) to Huffines’ Affiliates for Practitioner/Applied projects that will lead to the application of current science to furthering the practice of Sports Medicine and Human Performance. It is inherent in this program that funded proposals should directly contribute to the mission of the Huffines Institute. The RFA is now available for immediate funding. Applicants for this award must be Huffines Affiliates. Click here for the application. (Viewed best using Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Finishing Touches Grants (Rolling Application) - The purpose of the Huffines Finishing Touches Grant is to provide small grants (less than $1000) for items that will ‘finish’ projects, efforts, or initiatives, and in particular those that result in external funding and/or improvement in Aggie Athletics performance. These Grants must ultimately support and contribute toward the Huffines’ Institute’s mission and are available to Huffines Affiliates only. This program has rolling applications until all of the funds allocated to it are spent (new applications are accepted beginning Sept. 1). Click here for the application. (Viewed best using Internet Explorer or Safari).
Research Travel Programs
- Huffines Student Member Research Presentation Travel Award - Submission Deadline is 5 pm Central Time, December 1, 2022. The purpose of these grants is to provide limited financial support ($800 or less) for graduate student travel to present the results of scientific research at national or international professional meetings. The Request for Applications (RFA) usually occur during late November of each year and the applicant must be a Huffines Student Member and their advisor must be a Huffines Affiliate to apply for this program. Click here for application. (Best viewed using Internet Explorer or Safari). Here is a slideshow from a recent workshop about these grants.